Southeastern Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Several programs are accredited for licensure or certification by entities or agencies other than the Higher Learning Commission. They include:
- Respiratory Care - Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- Medical Assistant - American Association of Medical Assistants, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- EMS/Paramedic Specialist - Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Construction Technology - National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- Nursing - Iowa Board of Nursing
- Automotive Technology - National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Automotive Collision - Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair (I-CAR)
Approval by program accreditations provides assurance to SCC students that SCC adheres to high standards and quality programs.
Iowa Department of Education Accreditation
In April of 2010, a team comprised of six members from the Iowa DE and other Iowa
community colleges came onsite for a 2.5 day comprehensive accreditation visit. Their
final report recommends SCC's continued accreditation with no corrective action required.
Click to view the Accreditation Report
|Continuous Process Improvement|
|Excellence Fund 2015|