The SCC Alumni Association offers a handful of scholarships to students who intend to continue their education after receiving a degree from SCC. Awards are available for transfer students and for students who want to continue studying at SCC.
Scholarships to transferring graduates include two $1,000 awards (one recipient per campus), one $500 award to the highest overall GPA, and one variable award to a student pursuing a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) career. Winners are announced at commencement.
Continuing scholarships worth $500 are awarded to SCC students who wish to continue their education at SCC (one recipient per campus).
To be eligible for either scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete degree requirements for an existing AA, AS or AAS degree from SCC
- Intend to enroll at SCC or other accredited institution within three to six months of receiving the award
- Have a current FAFSA on file with the SCC Financial Aid office
- Successfully complete the appropriate online application
- Provide at least one reference letter to be considered for either scholarship. For tips on writing scholarship application essays, click here.
Deadline to apply:
4:30PM CST, April 1
Contact the Office for Institutional Advancement, Becky Rump, Executive Director, at (319) 208-5065 or email email@example.com