Shortcut Navigation:


We know that you've got questions about SCC and college in general. Below you'll find answers to common questions. If you still can't find what you're looking for, contact any of our Enrollment Services staff. They'll get you the info you need.


Q: I am interested in attending SCC. What do I need to do to be eligible to start classes and to be eligible to receive financial aid?

A: Have you ever attended SCC before? If not, you will need to fill out the application for admission and request that your official transcripts be mailed to the college Admissions Office from your high school and any colleges you attended. Once your file is complete, you will receive an acceptance letter in the mail.


Q: New students are required to complete Orientation before registering for classes. Where can I find more information about Orientation?

A: Orientation is required for all new students.  An Online Orientation is available to all students, however, some programs at the West Burlington campus require students also come to campus to meet with faculty.  Click here to find out more.


Q: What is the current tuition at Southeastern Community College?

A: Current rates and fees.


Q: What additional student fees are required?

A: None


Q: I would like to make an appointment to come in and speak with someone regarding my program of interest. Whom should I call?

A: Contact the Enrollment Services Office toll free at (866) 722-4692 to set up a meeting time that is convenient for you with an Enrollment Specialist.


Q: I'm not sure what academic field I want to pursue. Whom should I call?

A: Brenda Wilkins, Career Counselor, at (866) 722 - 4692 ext. 5030.


Q: Does the college have transfer agreements with four-year colleges and universities?

A: SCC has specific articulation agreements with many colleges and universities.


Q: What scholarships are available?

A: For information on scholarships, contact the Southeastern Community College Foundation, at (866) 722-4692 ext. 5062.


Q: Whom should I contact about Financial Aid?

A: If you have questions about financial aid, please contact the office at (866) 722-4692 ext.1930 or 5014. You may set up an appointment with a financial aid officer or you may drop by the office to speak with someone. We are located in Enrollment Services.


Q: What clubs and organizations are on campus?

A: There are several clubs and organizations on campus, including academic honor societies, departmental clubs, intramural athletics and simply groups of people with common interest.



Back to top