Southeastern Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Several programs are accredited for licensure or certification by entities or agencies other than the Higher Learning Commission. They include:
- Respiratory Care - Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- Medical Assistant - American Association of Medical Assistants, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- EMS/Paramedic Specialist - Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Construction Technology - National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- Nursing - Iowa Board of Nursing
- Automotive Technology - National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Automotive Collision - Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair (I-CAR)
Approval by program accreditations provides assurance to SCC students that SCC adheres to high standards and quality programs.
Iowa Department of Education Accreditation
The report from the most recent onsite accreditation visit by Iowa DE and other Iowa
community college representatives recommends no corrective action required.
Click to view the Accreditation Report
|Continuous Process Improvement|
|Quality Summary Report (submitted by SCC to HLC)|
|Quality Report Feedback (from HLC to SCC)|