Technology Services and Help Desk
The Help Desk is here to assist you with all technical issues and requests for college electronic resources and information systems.
Technical Support - Help Desk
- SCC Help Desk (319) 208-5087
- Email the Help Desk
- Office Computer - Email - Network - Internet
- Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., No Weekends
Click below for help with:
Before contacting the Help Desk:
- Reboot your machine
- See if you can replicate the problem
- Copy the exact wording of any error messages
- Have information about your computer and software handy
When to contact the Help Desk:
- Software used to work but now it doesn't
- Can't access your email (check email help here first)
- Computer won't start
- Adding a new software program
- Can't connect to the network
For non-technical issues, please contact the college operator at (319) 752-2731.
|Help Desk Hours
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Save time and have this info handy before calling:
- Your full name
- The location of the problem
- Your phone number
- The type of equipment with the problem (printer, scanner, monitor, etc…)
- A specific description of the issue - include exact wording or error message
- The version of the software giving you trouble
- Has any new software/hardware been installed/removed?
- Has your computer been out for repair or was it serviced recently?
How does the Help Desk work?
- You contact Help Desk staff or leave message with details listed above
- The Help Desk documents your call and then send you a confirmation of contact.
- Your request is assigned to the appropriate Help Desk staff member
SCC Help Desk staff can only support SCC-owned equipment.
|Formerly Norton Anti-Virus|
|McAfee Antivirus website|
|Home of Mozilla Firefox|
Acceptable Use Policy
Southeastern Community College maintains acceptable use policies for student, employee, and public use of computer and network resources.