Technology Services and Help Desk
The Help Desk is here to assist you with all technical issues and requests for college electronic resources and information systems.
Technical Support - Help Desk
- SCC Help Desk (319) 208-5087
- Email the Help Desk (By emailing the help desk you are creating a ticket that will be assigned to an IT staff member)
- Office Computer - Email - Network - Internet
- Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., No Weekends
Click below for help with:
Before contacting the Help Desk:
- Reboot your machine
- See if you can replicate the problem
- Copy the exact wording of any error messages
- Have information about your computer and software handy
When to contact the Help Desk:
- Software used to work but now it doesn't
- Can't access your email (check email help here first)
- Computer won't start
- Adding a new software program
- Can't connect to the network
For non-technical issues, please contact the college operator at (319) 208-5000.
|Help Desk Hours
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Save time and have this info handy before calling:
- Your full name
- The location of the problem
- Your phone number
- The type of equipment with the problem (printer, scanner, monitor, etc…)
- A specific description of the issue - include exact wording or error message
- The version of the software giving you trouble
- Has any new software/hardware been installed/removed?
- Has your computer been out for repair or was it serviced recently?
How does the Help Desk work?
- You contact Help Desk staff or leave message with details listed above
- The Help Desk documents your call and then send you a confirmation of contact.
- Your request is assigned to the appropriate Help Desk staff member
SCC Help Desk staff can only support SCC-owned equipment.
|Formerly Norton Anti-Virus|
|McAfee Antivirus website|
|Home of Mozilla Firefox|
Acceptable Use Policy
Southeastern Community College maintains acceptable use policies for student, employee, and public use of computer and network resources.
SCC is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our students and personal data.
View the General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)