BECOMING A BLACKHAWK
Questions about your application process? Call (319) 208-5000.
Having trouble logging in to https://hawknet.scciowa.edu/?
Try using Firefox.
Google Chrome may require you to clear your cache. Find out how at how to clear your cache.
Hawknet may require you to enter login again using your full SCC email address and password. Note: Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
Canvas (on via Hawknet) is where you'll go to turn in your assignments, take tests, and complete other tasks, depending on the class. NOTE: Experiencing loading problems? It's not just you, and your instructors understand. Canvas, publishers, third parties, and internet service providers are doing their best to keep up with all of us who need to use the system.
Log on to Hawknet and select the Canvas image on the upper right side of the page to access your courses.
You may also access Canvas from your smartphone or iPad.
Check out this quick tutorial to understand how to use Canvas.
Student Advocates/Support Center
We are available by phone, virtual chat, and email M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
West Burlington: (319) 208-5010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Keokuk: (319) 313-1923 or email@example.com
Give us a call at (319) 208-5041 with your questions
If you can't remember how to check your statement or set up a payment plan, visit our Self-Service Tuition page.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT CENTER
Schedule a meeting with a professional tutor with this online tutor request form.
Services are available:
- Student Support Services: (515) 971-9296 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upward Bound contact: (319) 208-5305 or email@example.com
Take care of yourselves, Blackhawks. Check in with your friends and family, take walks, download meditation apps. We recognize that this is a stressful, unpredictable time.
If you find yourself feeling particularly distressed, visit www.nami.org for resources to get you through, because one thing we know is that this is temporary.
If you need someone to talk to, please reach out via phone, chat, or text at 1-855-325-4296 or IowaCrisisChat.org for free, non-judgmental support.
Department of Human Services (DHS) is working hard to meet your needs
To apply for Iowa Benefits:
- Food Assistance, FIP and Medicaid, Go to: DHS.IOWA.GOV
- Medical Assistance only via telephone, call : 1-855-889-7985
- Food Assistance only via telephone , call: 1-855-944-3663
- To request a paper application, call the local DHS office
In addition at this time:
- Medical Assistance reviews have been pushed out for 3 months.
- Effective March 13, 2020, DHS is waiving all co-pays, premiums, and contributions for Iowa Health and Wellness Plan (IHAWP), Medicaid for Employed People with Disabilities (MEPD), Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (Hawki), and Dental Wellness Plan members until the emergency declaration is lifted.
SCC CORONAVIRUS UPDATES
Looking for info that we didn't address here? Go to our SCC Coronovirus Updates page
Carl Snipes | Chemistry instructor
I started at a community college before earning a degree in Chemical Engineering, so I know what it takes to succeed.
Students who do well in my classes are very prepared the move on to four-year...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.