Blackhawk Strong: Employees
These guidelines are meant to help protect your health and that of the campus community.
FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED ON CAMPUS
- Face coverings are required for anyone in any SCC facility. This includes, but is not limited to, classrooms, offices, hallways and indoor common areas.
- Reusable masks and face coverings should be made of sturdy cloth, cover the nose, and continue under the chin.
- Masks are to be worn properly and cleaned regularly.
Employees are not required to wear a mask in their office if no one else is present.
BEFORE COMING TO CAMPUS
- Do a daily health check of your overall health and wellness.
- If someone in your household is symptomatic or has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to work.
- Pack one or more face coverings for use in buildings where they are are required. Please be sure to wash cloth face coverings after daily use.
DAILY HEALTH CHECK
- Do you feel sick? (fever of 100.4 or greater, cough, respiratory symptoms, or COVID-19/flu-like symptoms)
- Have you recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19?
- Have you recently been diagnosed with COVID-19?
IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE:
Contact your health care provider by phone or email. Remember not to go to your health care provider's office without telling them your symptoms in advance. If you do not have a health care provider, call the Iowa COVID-19 hotline at 211. You'll be asked questions over the phone and directed to get a screening if you meet the criteria for a test.
If you are at work upon becoming ill, please contact your supervisor by phone, text, or email and leave campus immediately to begin quarantining. Isolation may be discontinued after 10 days if you test negative, 14 days if you are diagnosed with COVID-19, based on your provider' guidance or recommendation from the health department.
If you are diagnosed, notify your supervisor and contact HR at (319) 208-5063.
You are safe to discontinue isolation after:
- At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
- At least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication and
- Symptoms have improved
Contact your direct supervisor by phone, text, or email 24-48 hours before returning to work.
If someone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19:
Do not report to work. Contact your supervisor and update them on the situation. Isolation is recommended, which means staying home for 10 days and monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 including fever of 100.4 or greater, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and/or new loss of taste or smell.
Your 10-day isolation period should start over if another household member becomes ill. For example, if Person A in your household develops symptoms on Day 1 and Person B in your household develops systems on DAY 5, the 10-day isolation period must be restarted on DAY 5.
Isolation should last 10 days if you experience symptoms and 14 days if you are diagnosed.
If a student or visitor refuses to wear a mask, please call campus security at:
West Burlington Campus: 319-759-1727
Keokuk Campus: 319-850-7272
Non-compliance or inappropriate use of approvals may result in disciplinary action.
Together we can help keep our campus as safe as possible.
Jodi Cook | English instructor
Before I started taking classes at SCC, I spent years working in retail. I knew I didn't want to do that anymore and so I kept reaching for something to do. I decided to enroll at SCC, and when my English...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.