Transferring to a different college and university to continue your education can be intimidating. Student Advocates make it easier.
Articulation Agreements and Transfer Guides
Southeastern Community College collaborates with four-year institutions in regard to transfer credits. Many articulation agreements have been developed with these colleges and universities so students can have a smooth transition and maximize their transfer of credits. Colleges review and change their requirements, so check with your Student Success Advocate for up-to-date information.
If you plan to transfer to Iowa State University, University of Iowa, or University of Northern Iowa, be sure to also check out TransferInIowa.org for some helpful information about how your SCC credits will transfer.
Below you'll find links or transfer guides for a few of the schools that SCC works with the most. Any outgoing links are provided as a courtesy by SCC and are maintained by the respective colleges. If the listed link doesn't work, visit the college's website for more information. If you don't see your college listed here, visit with your Student Success Advocate for details.
Southeastern Community College now offers Transfer Majors for students who want to transfer. Each Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) transfer major degree is designed to transfer to a four-year institution to study a specific major and provide the first two years of a bachelor's degree program.
By earning this degree, students will have met the general course requirements for a specific major of a four-year institution. Requirements may vary among institutions, so transfer students should contact a Student Success Advocate to make the transition easier
Allen College, Waterloo, IA
Bellevue University, Bellevue, IA
Buena Vista University, Storm Lake, IA; SCC West Burlington location
- Transfer and Local Program Information
- Accounting, 2019
- Agricultural Business, 2019
- Bachelor in Applied Science, 2019
- Business - Management Concentration, 2019
- Criminology & Criminal Justice, 2019
- Health Services Leadership, 2019
- History, 2019
Buena Vista University Education Transfer Guides:
- Elementary Education (updated April 12, 2021)
- English Education (updated April 12, 2021)
- History Education (updated April 12, 2021)
- Education-PreK and Kindergarten Endorsement (updated April 12, 2021)
- Education-Reading Endorsement (updated April 12, 2021)
- Education-Special Education Endorsement (updated April 12, 2021)
- Education-Social Science Endorsement (updated April 12, 2021)
- Education-Middle School Endorsement (updated April 12, 2021)
Central Methodist University, Fayette, MO
Clarke University, Dubuque, IA
Clarke University has the following Transfer Major agreements with the Iowa Community Colleges.
- Business, 10/2020
- Chemistry, 10/2020
- Elementary Education, 10/2020
- Mathematics, 10/2020
- Psychology, 10/2020
- Secondary Education, 10/2020
Culver Stockton College, Canton, MO
Drake University, Des Moines, IA
Drake University has the following Transfer Major agreements with the Iowa Community Colleges.
Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Transfer Admissions
- Transfer Plan Guides Link: filter by Colleges/Major and Community College
- Bachelor of Science-Elementary Education
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Entry Path Transfer Guides
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Design
- College of Engineering
- College of Human Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- E-APP (Engineering Admissions Partnership Program) for Engineering community college transfer students
Iowa Wesleyan University, Mount Pleasant, IA
Monmouth College, Monmouth, IL
Mount Mercy University, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Transfer Course Information
- Mt. Mercy 2 + 2 Transfer Information
- International Student transfer information
- Applied Management - January 2020 - Students with an AAS or AS degree (Accounting, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, or any other technical area).
- Business Administration - January 2020 - AAS to Bachelor of Business Administration
- Business Administration - January 2020 - AA to Bachelor of Business Administration (Business, Accounting, Management, Marketing, Human Resources)
- Criminal Justice, January 2020
- Health Care Leadership, January 2020 - Students with an AAS degree in a health care field.
- RN to BSN Nursing, January 2020
Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO
Transfer Guides - currently being revised, spring 2022
Saint Ambrose University, Davenport, IA
- Transfer Website
- Transfer Guide for Courses
- Online Bachelor of Applied Management Studies - Students who have an Associate’s of Applied Science degree can earn their bachelor’s degree online from St. Ambrose.
- Saint Ambrose Honors Program Link - Southeastern Community College Honors Program has an articulation agreement with Saint Ambrose University Honors Program.
St. Ambrose University has the following Transfer Major agreements with the Iowa Community Colleges.
- Business Transfer Major, March 2021
- Chemistry Transfer Major, March 2021
- Communication Transfer Major, March 2021
- Criminal Justice Transfer Major, March 2021
- English Transfer Major, March 2021
- Math Transfer Major, March 2021
- Psychology Transfer Major, March 2021
- Sociology Transfer Major, March 2021
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- 2 + 2 Plan
- Iowa Transfer Search
- College Of Education
- College Of Engineering
- College of Nursing
- SCC and Iowa 3+1 Nursing Transfer Guide, spring 2022
- College Of Pharmacy
- Radiation Sciences
- Tippie College of Business
- Additional Majors Information
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA
- Transfer Information
- Transfer Guide for Courses
- College of Business
- Social Work Plan of Study for Transfer Students, 7/2019
- UNI Honors Program - Southeastern Community College Honors Program has an articulation agreement with the UNI Honors Program.
A.A.S. Transfer Guides for UNI Department of Technology
- Advanced Automation & Robotics Technology, 6/2020
- Automotive Technology, 6/2020
- Automotive Technology - Management, 6/2020
- Biomedical Electronics Technology, 6/2020
- Computer-Aided Design Technology, 6/2020
- Collision Repair & Restoration, 6/2020
- Construction Technology - Carpentry, 6/2020
- Construction Technology – Management, 6/2020
- Industrial Maintenance Technology, 6/2020
- Interactive & Social Media Marketing, 6/2020
- Network Administration & Cyber Security, 6/2020
- Precision Machining & CNC Technology, 6/2020
- Welding, 6/2020
UNI: Earn Your Degree Online
- Managing Business & Organizations Bachelor of Applied Science - complete your AAS at SCC and enroll online to complete your BA degree
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Complete your AA degree at SCC and enroll online to complete your BA degree
- Criminal Justice Bachelor of Applied Science - complete your AAS or AA degree at SCC and enroll online to complete your BA degree
Upper Iowa University, Fayette, IA
Upper Iowa University has the following Transfer Major agreements with the Iowa Community Colleges.
- Biology Transfer Major, 7/2021
- Business Transfer Major, 7/2021
- Criminal Justice Transfer Major, 7/2021
- Psychology Transfer Major, 7/2021
- Sociology Transfer Major, 7/2021
Waldorf University has the following online Transfer Major agreements with the Iowa Community Colleges.
Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL
- Transfer Website
- Western Illinois University Honors Program - Southeastern Community College Honors Program has an articulation agreement with the Western Illinois University Honors Program.
- 2+2 Law Enforcement and Justice Administration Transfer Guide
- Biology, June 2021
Greg Smith | Principal, Fort Madison High School
From the time I went to SCC in 1985 to my job as principal, I knew that SCC was a vital part of our community.
SCC made a huge impact in my life back then and now it makes a huge impact in the...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.