Admissions FAQs

We know you have questions about SCC and college in general. Below you'll find answers to common questions.

What do I need to do to attend SCC and be eligible to start classes?
If you have never attended SCC before, you will need to fill out the application for admission and request that your official transcripts be mailed to the Registrar's Office from your high school and any colleges you have attended.
Where can I find more information about SCC before I start classes?
All new students are required to complete an online pre-enrollment info session before registering for classes.
Are there additional student fees?
Depending on the course, there could be additional fees. More information can be found on our tuition page.
I live in Illinois. Do I qualify for in-state tuition?
Illinois residents that live in the Carl Sandburg district may qualify for in-state tuition.
I live in Missouri. Do I qualify for in-state tuition?
Missouri students that receive the A+ Scholarship may be eligible for in-state tuition.
More information on the A+ Scholarship Program can be found here.
How do I find out if I qualify for financial aid?
After you have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA), you will want to contact our financial aid office or view your aid options in your student portal.
If you still need help with completing your FAFSA, we got you!.
What scholarships are available?
There are hundreds of scholarships available to SCC students every year. Learn more about types of scholarships and how to apply.
What clubs and organizations are on campus?
There are several clubs and organizations on campus, including academic honor societies, departmental clubs, and athletics.


West Burlington Campus Admissions
Call: (319) 208-5155
Text: (319) 250-7144
Fax: (319) 758-6725

Keokuk Campus Admissions
Call: (319) 313-1923
Text: (319) 220-3266
Fax: (319) 524-8621